Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy meal using rotisserie chicken and frozen spinach! I made this on a night I thought I had nothing in the house
- 1⁄2 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 425 g chopped tomatoes
- 250 g frozen chopped spinach
- 1 oxo chicken stock cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 500 g penne, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 300 ml white sauce
- Remove the skin from the chicken and shred the meat off the bone.
- Put the canned tomatoes, stock cube, herbs and thawed spinach in a fry pan and cook on low 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix.
- Transfer into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with half the cheese.
- Pour on the white sauce and then sprinkle he rest of the cheese on top of that.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes until brown and bubbly on top.
Just DID have 1/2 rotisserie chicken from Costco (so well flavored !) Had been making cookies and hadn't even thought about dinner. Clicked on reliable old Zaar, and there was the perfect answer !! All of the ingredients were at hand, and popped in the oven very quickly. I only used 1/2 pound of mini-penne (for just 2 of us), but have plenty for another meal. The only addition was a tad salt and pepper at the table. Thanks, happygurl, for saving my sanity on a Thursday night !!