Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crisp, juicy and succulent, these shicken breasts are stuffed with ricotta, garlic and herbs and wrapped in smokey flavoured parma ham. For a nice accompaniment, serve with steamed carrot and courgette julienne, or ribbons.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices parma ham
for the prepared stuffing
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped mixed herbs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 22o degrees celcius. To make the stuffing, mix the ricotta, garlic and herbs together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut a deep slit along one side of the chicken breast to make a pocket. Divide the ricotta stuffing into 4 equal portions, spoon into the pockets and bring the edges together to enclose the filling.
- Wrao a slice of parma ham around each chicken breadt, folding the ends underneath to seal in the filling. Carefully place the wrapped chicken breasts on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately, garnish with sage or parsley.