Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a breeze, and soooo delicious.
- 12 ounces pasta shells
- 8 ounces broccoli, cut into very small florets and the stems thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 (80 g) packetsoft spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (such as Boursin)
- 1 (284 ml) carton single cream
For the topping
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely sliced
- 3 ounces mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ounces sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 6 minutes, then add the broccoli and cook for 5 to 6 minutes longer, until the pasta is just cooked.
- Drain well and return to pan.
- Heat the oil in a wide pan and add the chicken pieces.
- Fry until lightly browned.
- Tip in the mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute, then stir in the tomato paste, cheese and cream.
- Gently simmer until the cheese has melted, stirring, until the sauce is thickened slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, stirring gently until coated, then tip into a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Level the top.
- Mix the spring onions, cheddar, garlic and almonds and sprinkle over the pasta.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
This was very yummy. I used cream cheese for the spreadable cheese and skipped the cheese and almond topping.