1/2 Photos of Chick 'n Cornbread Casserole
This is a fast quick easy meal that is made in less then an half an hour. It's a savory casserole with a combination of stuffing mix, chicken and colorful vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can diced tomatoes, Drained
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix, with seasoning packet
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 chopped medium red pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chopped or shredded)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- sliced ripe olives (optional)
- cooking spray
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Drain the diced tomatoes and reserve the juice.
- 3Combine tomato juice and 1/4 cup picante sauce in measuring cup; add enough hot water to make 1 cup.
- 4Combine hot liquid, butter and contents of stuffing seasoning mix packet in bowl, mixing well.
- 5Add stuffing crumbs, mixing just until crumbs are moistened.
- 6Spoon evenly onto bottom of a 11 x 7 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 7Cook onion and pepper in oil in skillet until tender; remove from heat.
- 8Stir in tomatoes, chicken, corn, remaining picante sauce and cumin.
- 9Spoon over cornbread mixture.
- 10Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 11Cover with cheese; continue baking 5 minutes.
- 12Top individual servings with sour cream and olives, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chick 'n Cornbread Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.0
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 1481.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 32.2 g