Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A funny but real recipe found in a new Recipes for a Miracle cookbook that benefits Children's Miracle Network.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (unwrap first)
- 1 box light brown sugar (the whole thing)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (enough to fill a 3/4 inch box end wrench)
- 2 eggs, uncooked but open (remove shell)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (enough to fill a 1/2 inch deep socket, hold finger over hole in bottom)
- 2 cups flour or 2 cups a tall beer
- 1 crushed Butterfinger bar, any size but bigger is better (crush lightly with a clean hammer)
- Melt butter over low heat in metal pan (heat gun is OK, but skip the torch).
- Remove from heat and add sugar and salt.
- Mix well (beaters work well in hand drill variable speed on slow or have shop towels handy).
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Beat well.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add flour and mix.
- Blend in crushed Butterfinger (it's OK to eat some because Butterfingers are really good).
- Spread in a 9 x 13 greased pan (use butter not real grease).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Do not overbake.
- Allow to cool, cut into four Chewy Chevy Big Blocks and share with three friends.