Recipe by senseicheryl
I recently bought some Cinnamon Chips from the www.kingarthurflour.com website and am trying to create recipes to use them. This is one that I came up with this morning to bring to our office meeting today. I wanted to post it here in case anyone asks me for the recipe and/or nutrition facts.
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup pasteurized liquid egg-whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 2⁄3 cups cinnamon baking chips
FOR THE GLAZE (if desired)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon water (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat the butter and Splenda until well blended.
- Beat in the egg whites and the vanilla. Stir in the applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Gradually add this to the butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- Spread batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes using a toothpick to test for doneness (toothpick should come out clean).
- Cool completely before adding glaze.
- TO MAKE THE GLAZE: Stir together the powedered sugar, water and vanilla until the right "drizzling" consistency. You may need to adjust the amount of the water.