Recipe by Chef Kate
A bistro staple, this dish can also be made with full-sized tomatoes or with Roma tomatoes. You can vary this by adding basil and or mint or other herbs.
Top Review by Annacia
This was made today to go along with Recipe #222524 and these little gems were marvelous. I had the little grape tomatoes and they worked perfectly. This recipe really gets all of the flavor that the tomatoes have to offer. I served them quite warm and they were simply scrumptious.
- 1 lb large cherry tomatoes (about 10 to 12 large cherry tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Halve the tomatoes and squeeze out the seeds, and place them cut-side up in a 9-by-9-inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the salt and olive oil over them and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until they're a little caramelized around the edges and slightly shriveled.
- Mince the parsley and the garlic together on a cutting board until very fine to make the persillade; set aside.
- When the tomatoes are done, take them out of the oven, sprinkle the persillade over them and return them to the oven for a few minutes, which will cook the garlic a little without compromising the freshness of the parsley.
- Serve immediately or later at room temperature.