Recipe by FeedMePlz
This recipe was found in the Nature Sweet Grilling with cherry tomatoes book. I haven't seen this before and thought it would be nice way to stuff tomatoes.
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- wooden toothpick (soaked in water for at least 30 min)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill for direct low heat.
- Using a pairing knife, remove top and seed the cherry tomatoes.
- Stuff each tomato with 1/2 tsp blue cheese.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and olive oil. Mix until crumbs are evenly moist. Top each tomato with 1/4 tsp of crumbs, lightly packing the bread crumbs in place.
- Using 2 toothpicks, skewer 2 tomatoes. Grill the tomatoes over direct ;ow heat until the tomatoes start to bubble.around the base, about 5-6 minute
- Remove the tomatoes from the grill with tongs and serve warm.