Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very high focacchia, a bit more like a bread to me. Serve in wedges with herb butter.
- 500 g flour
- 500 g potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 teaspoons yeast
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- baby onion, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Boil the potatoes with teh skin on. Peel and mash preferably with potato ricer.
- Mix the flor with teh potato, olive oil, eggs, yeast, salt and knead until teh doughn will seem elastic.
- Grease a round pizza tin and place the dough in it. Place the halved cherry tomatoes and onions on top, brush with olive oil, season and sprinkle with oregano.
- Let the dough rise for about 2 hours. the dough will rise around teh cherry tomatoes making an attractive perforated surface.
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Drizzle some more olive oil on top and bake until golden.
- serve with flavoured butters on the side.