Recipe by gailanng
A delicious, rustic French-country salad. Serve with warmed French bread and butter.
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- 2 large shallots
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 ounces piece good-quality blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- With a sharp knife, thinly slice the tomatoes horizontally and arrange in a single layer in a glass or ceramic platter with a rim. Then peel the shallots and slice them crosswise into thin rings. Separate the rings and sprinkle them over the tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, salt and pepper. Then whisk in the oil. Pour the dressing over the shallots and tomatoes. Garnish the salad with crumbled blue cheese and parsley. Let stand at least 1 hour (or up to 2 hours) before serving.