Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light, July 2007. Sounds great and I don't want to lose it. My DH as diabetes so I will use sugar-free cherry preserves. "Cherry preserves and balsamic vinegar combine for a quick, tasty glaze. Pair with couscous to soak up any extra pan sauce." A serving size is 2 chops with 3 tbsp. of glaze.
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 8 (4 ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, bottled works well
- 1⁄2 cup fat free low-sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- parsley sprig (optional)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Combine rosemary, salt, and 1/4 teaspoons pepper in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Rub spice mix evenly over both sides of lamb and add the lamb to the pan; cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove lamb from pan.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
- Return pan to medium heat; recoat with cooking spray.
- Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds and add remaining 1/4 teaspoons of pepper and broth; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Stir in preserves and vinegar; cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Return the lamb to the pan; turn to coat.
- Cook 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.