1 hr 5 mins
A very pretty golden biscotti with lots of red cherries peeking out. A great recipe to make ahead for the holiday platter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease large baking sheet.
- 3Remove stems from drained cherries.
- 4Make a small slit in whole cherries and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 5This is to stop the red juice from the cherries running into the buttery color of the biscotti.
- 6Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- 7Cut in butter with pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
- 8Stir in eggs and extract until well blended If mixture is crumbly dry, add milk.
- 9Stir in cherries.
- 10Divide mixture in half.
- 11On lightly floured surface, press dough together and shape into two 10-inch-logs.
- 12Place logs on prepared baking sheet.
- 13Flatten to 2-1/2-inch width.
- 14Bake in 325-degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 15Using a couple of spatulas, transfer logs to rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- 16With serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices.
- 17Return to baking sheet.
- 18Bake 10 minutes or until cookies are crisp and firm to touch. (They should be golden.So watch closely, if biscotti starts to brown reduce heat or remove early -- use your own judgement)
- 19Transfer to rack to cool.
- 20Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.5
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 75.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: