rachel ernst's Note:
This is a great dessert for the Atkins induction diet because it is very low in carb... almost none. Also good for Diabetics. It is also easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make the gelatin according to package directions: add boiling water to gelatin and mix until completely dissolved.
- 2Add the cold water and almond extract.
- 3Chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 4Whip the cream till stiff.
- 5Be careful not to overbeat (it becomes whipped butter. Instead you want gentle peaks).
- 6Add the whipping cream to the gelatin.
- 7For a stiffer, jello-like consistency simply mix with a spoon.
- 8For a flufflier consistency more like light mousse, use an electric mixer and mix the cream with the jello until frothy.
- 9Chill until set.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Amaretto Dessert, Low-Carb
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.8
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 44.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g