Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I am posting this recipe here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large lemons, juice of
- 4 large firm tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- olive oil, for greasing dish
- Crush the leaves of the cilantro & parsley in a mortal to release their flavor. Mix in the rest of the ingredients to form the chermoula.
- Cut tomatoes in half around equators and gently remove seeds with fingertips.
- Brush the inside of each tomato half with the chermoula mixture. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly inside of each tomato.
- Rub a glass casserole dish with olive oil then place the tomatoes inside. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Note: Tomatoes will be soft once done so carefully remove from the dish.
We enjoyed these, and they were easy to prepare. A spicy roasted tomato, using everyday ingredients, making a very good side-dish. Thanks, Nasseh! Made for Ramadan Tag game, NA*ME