Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I like that everything in this recipe is healthy, but it's definitely dessert. I got this recipe from a vendor at the farmer's market, but upon doing some research, I think it comes from a book called Tropical Fruit Cookbook, by Marilyn Rittenhouse Harris. This was only my second time tasting cherimoya. I tried using my blender for this, but it was kind of a mess; I would recommend the food processor if you have one. It does not call for an ice cream maker. "Cooking" time I have listed here is approximate freezing time, but your results may vary depending on the temperature of your freezer.
- 3 cups cherimoya, seeds removed (about 4 pounds cherimoyas, I think)
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Puree cherimoya.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into ice cube trays.
- Freeze until almost firm.
- Place cubes in food processor bowl and mix until fluffy but not thawed.
- Pour into dishes and freeze until firm.