Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A co-worker of mine brought this in for a company carry in and I just had to have the recipe. Her husband works for Certified Angus Beef (CAB), so I think that is why that brand is promoted! Definitely a comfort food!
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast (Suggested CAB Tri-TIP)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 2 (10 ounce) cans French onion soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 12 ounces egg noodles, Skinny
- Add all ingredients except noodles into a crock pot.
- Cook on low 10-12 hours. (Put on before going to bed to serve for lunch and in the morning when serving for supper!).
- 1/2 hour prior to serving, add noodles.
- If noodles absorb too much liquid, you can add another can of Beef Consomme.
This is a delicious beef and and noodles! Easy! We passed sour cream around the table to mix in, its like a delicious stroganoff that way.. pure comfort food!
I can't believe there are not more reviews on this recipe. This is 5 stars all the way. The only change I made was my roast was just under 4lbs. Everyone loved this and I still have enough leftover for another meal. This will be made quite often thanks so much for such a great and easy recipe!
This is a delicious recipe for the crock pot. I'm picky about crock pot recipes because, more often than not, there is an "off" taste or consistency for me. This recipe is a gem for the crock pot. I used a 3 lb. beef round boneless top rump roast, since my store did not carry the tri-tip. Also, I used wide egg noodles since that is what I had on hand. Most importantly, the flavor was wonderful and the meat was tender. Thanks!