Such fun! Make your own volcano at home, the kids just love the eruption. My boys can never get enough. This isn't food, more of a science experiment & a great way to have fun with the family. One time we did this at a birthday party & let each child make their own. The dirt is optional!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will also need 1 empty 25oz. plastic bottle.
- 2Build a mound of dirt up around the bottle, keeping the top open.
- 3Combine the soap and food coloring in the bottle.
- 4Add vinegar and pour in water almost to the top.
- 5Here's the amazing part! -- In a large spoon blend the baking soda with a little tap water to moisten it and then quickly pour into the bottle.
- 6The contents will erupt out of the bottle just like a volcano.
- 7The kids will want to see this more than once so be prepared :).
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chemical Volcano for Kids
Serving Size: 1 (724 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7526.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g