Recipe by Shandibear
Great soothing recipe for bread pudding. Warm and gooey, the perfect desert.
Top Review by Queen Roachie
This was pretty good! I used a from scratch French bread loaf that I cubed and toasted. I left out the raisins and added cinnamon to the egg mixture. My major change was to use soy milk, for the kiddies, who can't have milk. I also had no coarse sugar so I left it out. This took a bit longer to cook, but it was worth the wait. I served this with a praline syrup off this site.
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf dry day old bread, cut into cubes and toasted
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wisk together milk, eggs, brown sugar, spices, and vanilla.
- Toss in bread and rasins.
- Pour into a 9" by 9" ovenproof casserole dish, sprinkle with coarse sugar and bake for 30 minutes until eggs are set, and the top is golden brown.