Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is my own take on Cheez-It Chicken. The ingredients add flavor to the chicken and keep it moist, but aren't as spicy as some other recipes posted on here.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 cups Cheez-It crackers
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush Cheez-Its with the pepper and garlic salt in a food processor until the texture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Place in a medium bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Use a knife to spread a thin coat of mayonnaise on both sides of the chicken tenders; dunk them in the cracker mixture, using a spoon to help thoroughly coat the chicken.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and cook for 22 minutes.
This was really good! My DH liked it alot and he is a very picky eater. The only change I made was I used Miracle whip because I can't eat mayonaise. We will definitly be making again. Thanks for sharing! A very easy recipe.
I had to make a few "little" changes to accommodate what I had in the kitchen...I used Mozzarella cheese instead of the parmesan, used garlic powder since DH doesn't like salt and I used the Cheddar Jack Cheez Its. DH is still raving about the meal two hours later. Easy to make! Thanks for sharing this recipe!