- 5 -6 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 -6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- pepper, to taste
- paprika, chopped parsley to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover; add salt and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook over medium low heat until tender. Remove from burner and drain well.
- Heat milk in saucepan--bring just to the boil.
- Mash potatoes; add butter and 1/2 cup of the hot milk.
- Whip with electric mixer; add the cheese and whip again.
- Gradually add enough additional milk until creamy. Add salt and pepper.
- Place in bowl. Garnish with paprika and parsley.
- Serve immediately.