Recipe by adena mangis
From Betty Crocker's diabetes cookbook. Food exchange is 1 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, and 1 vegetable it counts as 1 1/2 carbohydrate choices. Cooking time includes refrigeration time.
- 8 slices bread
- 1 lb frozen broccoli, green beans, pearl onion and red pepper mix, thawed and drained
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs or 2 cups fat-free fat-free liquid egg product
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 triangles.
- Arange 1/2 of the bread in ungreased 13x9 in pan.
- Top with veggies.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Beat remaining ingredients with a wire whisk until mixed and pour evenly over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 45 minutes longer.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and cut.