Great as an appetizer or light lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large red ripe tomatoes
- 1 3/4 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra
- olive oil, for rubbing
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 1/4 ounces arugula
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Scoop the insides of the tomatoes out leaving the tomatoes whole.
- 3Place the breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic, cheese and salt and freshly ground black pepper into a bowl and mix together. Stuff the tomatoes with the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for six minutes.
- 5Heat a frying pan over a high heat. Rub the pepper with a little of the olive oil and fry whole in a frying pan until charred all sides.
- 6Place the pepper into a bowl, cover with plasic wrap and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- 7Remove the plastic wrap, peel the pepper, discarding the charred skin, and slice into strips.
- 8Place the pepper strips, arugula, olive oil and lemon juice into a bowl and mix together.
- 9To serve, place the arugula and pepper salad onto a serving plate and place the roasted tomatoes on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes With Arugula Salad
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 228.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 6.8 g