Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great as an appetizer or light lunch.
Make and share this Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes With Arugula Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large red ripe tomatoes
- 1 3⁄4 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra
- olive oil, for rubbing
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄4 ounces arugula
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Scoop the insides of the tomatoes out leaving the tomatoes whole.
- Place the breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic, cheese and salt and freshly ground black pepper into a bowl and mix together. Stuff the tomatoes with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for six minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat. Rub the pepper with a little of the olive oil and fry whole in a frying pan until charred all sides.
- Place the pepper into a bowl, cover with plasic wrap and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap, peel the pepper, discarding the charred skin, and slice into strips.
- Place the pepper strips, arugula, olive oil and lemon juice into a bowl and mix together.
- To serve, place the arugula and pepper salad onto a serving plate and place the roasted tomatoes on top.