Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great as an appetizer or light lunch.
Make and share this Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes With Arugula Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large red ripe tomatoes
- 1 3⁄4 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra
- olive oil, for rubbing
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄4 ounces arugula
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Scoop the insides of the tomatoes out leaving the tomatoes whole.
- Place the breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic, cheese and salt and freshly ground black pepper into a bowl and mix together. Stuff the tomatoes with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for six minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat. Rub the pepper with a little of the olive oil and fry whole in a frying pan until charred all sides.
- Place the pepper into a bowl, cover with plasic wrap and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap, peel the pepper, discarding the charred skin, and slice into strips.
- Place the pepper strips, arugula, olive oil and lemon juice into a bowl and mix together.
- To serve, place the arugula and pepper salad onto a serving plate and place the roasted tomatoes on top.