Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Better than pizza. Super simple. Healthy!
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 whole grain pita, pocket half
- 1⁄4 cup fresh spinach
- 2 baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Wash the spinach with your hands and then squeeze the water out of it about 5 times, hard.
- 2. Dry the spinach even more in a paper towel by squeezing the juice out.
- 3. Chop the portobello mushrooms, starting at the top of the dome, slicing down to the bottom of the stub. Slice each one into about 8 or 9 thin slices.
- 4. Push about 1/3 of the spinach into the bottom of the pita pocket with about a third of the mushrooms and half the walnuts; and then top that with most of the cheese, pushing down to make room for the rest.
- 5. Put the rest of the spinach, walnuts, and mushrooms in the pocket and then the rest of the cheese.
- 6. Microwave on high for about 20 seconds.
- 7. Pour the olive oil into a medium hot skillet and rub one half the pocket in the oil, and flip it so that the oiled part is on the top.
- 8. Fry the pocket for 30 seconds to a minute on each side.2.
OH YEAH Pita,mozzarella. spinach, mushrooms AND Walnuts. But nuked too, so it's warm and even more yummy. Updated Comfort Food. You REALLY ARE Magnificent Kate!!