These are very good, you can double the recipe. Prep time does not include baking the potatoes.
Make and share this Cheesy Ranch-Bacon Stuffed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large russet baking potatoes
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (can use more)
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix, hidden valley preferred (use only half)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet; bake for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender; cool about 20-30 minutes (or until cool enough to handle).
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then carefully scoop out the pulp (leave about 1/4-inch thick shell place the pulp in a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat the potato pulp with cream cheese, sour cream, dry Ranch dressing mix and butter until smooth.
- Add in the bacon bits, both cheeses; mix to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the four potato shells.
- Sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese (any amount desired).
- At this point you can cover and chill until ready to bake.
- Bake the potatoes in a 350°F oven for about 15-20 minutes (if you have prepared and chilled the potatoes before hand you will have to bake a little longer to heat them).