Recipe by gypsygirl77
I've been making this recipe for over 20 years and everyone LOVES it. I couldn't find the exact recipe on food.com so I decided to add it for others to enjoy.
- 7 medium potatoes or 2 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 30 minutes or until tender. Drain. Let cool to touch.
- Peel and cut into 1/4 inch strips; set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter and onion, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in potatoes and cheese.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13X9X2 inch baking dish.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of butter and stuffing mix.
- Sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.