I came upon this casserole when I was looking for a side dish that was new and different for Thanksgiving. I wanted something that would have multiple flavors in every bite. This fit the bill. In each morsel you get the flavor of the cheesy potatoes, ham, brocolli and breadcrumbs. The flavor is great and went with turkey well but would be great with other meats as well. It would make a nice stand alone one dish meal too with a salad. It came from a small town site Fair Oaks Carmichael Patch. I will make it all year long now. Enjoy! ChefDLH
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs red potatoes, sliced
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped (I use florets only)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lb ham, sliced, cooked (I prefer cubed)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (for an extra kick use garlic and herb bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1Blanch the broccoli for about two minutes. Set aside.
- 2Place the potatoes into a pot of salted boiling water. Cook until they are about ¾ cooked. (For us it is about 17 minutes) Stack them into a baking dish.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of chicken, sour cream, ham, broccoli, paprika, black pepper, kosher salt, garlic powder, and basil. Stir until fully combined.
- 5Spread the cream of chicken mixture over the potatoes. Cover the casserole with the cheeses. Spread the bread crumbs over the cheese and evenly pour butter on top of that.
- 6Place the dish into the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Potato Broccoli Casserole / Side Dish
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.7
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 60.9 mg
- Sodium 1882.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: