Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came upon this casserole when I was looking for a side dish that was new and different for Thanksgiving. I wanted something that would have multiple flavors in every bite. This fit the bill. In each morsel you get the flavor of the cheesy potatoes, ham, brocolli and breadcrumbs. The flavor is great and went with turkey well but would be great with other meats as well. It would make a nice stand alone one dish meal too with a salad. It came from a small town site Fair Oaks Carmichael Patch. I will make it all year long now. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 3 lbs red potatoes, sliced
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped (I use florets only)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb ham, sliced, cooked (I prefer cubed)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (for an extra kick use garlic and herb bread crumbs)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Blanch the broccoli for about two minutes. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes into a pot of salted boiling water. Cook until they are about ¾ cooked. (For us it is about 17 minutes) Stack them into a baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of chicken, sour cream, ham, broccoli, paprika, black pepper, kosher salt, garlic powder, and basil. Stir until fully combined.
- Spread the cream of chicken mixture over the potatoes. Cover the casserole with the cheeses. Spread the bread crumbs over the cheese and evenly pour butter on top of that.
- Place the dish into the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes.