- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup favorite grated cheese (I like pepper jack)
- 2 pimientos, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss flour, baking powder, salt and paprika to blend.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is like cornmeal.
- Add milk, stir to make firm dough.
- Knead on floured board for 30 seconds.
- Roll out in sheet 8"x12", sprinkle with grated cheese and chopped pimento.
- Roll like jelly roll, cut into 8 slices, flatten a bit.
- Bake at 450 F for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.