Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
My wife and I were at a potluck dinner with some friends and this crock pot casserole was one of the main dishes. We asked for the recipe and make it at least once a month. It is very tasty.
- 1 (32 ounce) bag hash browns (Mrs. O'Briens work the best)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream (Cheddar Top the Tater)
- 1 lb of already browned crumbled hamburger
- 1 (12 ounce) bagof shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook and crumble the hamburger until it's done and then transfer to your crock pot.
- Add your cream of soup and stir into hamburger.
- Add half the bag of hash browns and stir.
- Add your top the tater or sour cream.
- Add the rest of the potatoes and stir.
- Let cook on high for about 1 hour and then add the cheese.
- Then let cook on low for 1-2 more hours.
This is a great twist to a cheesy hashbrown casserole that I make. I don't know if this will work for others, but I choose to make it in the oven. I thawed the hashbrowns and placed them on the bottom of the pan. Then I added the hamburger on top, mixing slightly into the potatoes. Next, I mixed the sour cream, soup and cheese. I added 1 cup milk to this mixture. Then I poured that over the top of the potatos and meat and baked for 1 hour at 350*. The kids loved this! Thanks for a great idea! KCShell
Very easy to make and very flavorful. Took it to work and everyone was impressed. Thanks for the recipe.
I was in a hurry when I made this so I ended up cooking this on the stove top instead. It was still easy to make and turned out very good. Next time though I believe I'm going to add some chicken broth because it was somewhat too thick for us. Otherwise it was a good recipe.