Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had some leftover cheese and dip and this is what happened.
- 5 medium potatoes (peeled and washed)
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup French onion dip
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- salt and pepper
- Cube potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Place into medium-sized saucepan and cover with water. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- When done, drain and return to pan or to a medium-sized bowl.
- With a mixer on medium speed, mix until all potatoes are broken up.
- Add dip, mixing until smooth.
- Add milk, mixing well.
- Add margarine, salt (may not need it with the salt in the dip) and pepper.
- Mix until margarine melts. Add cheese and mix well.
- You might have to add more milk to get it to the right thickness or thinness you want.
Yum, this made for lovely mashed spuds..I used a bit under 1 cup cheese & less marg. The onion flavour is very subtle, not too overpowering, a great way to use up the last of the dip in a container. Thanks for posting!