Recipe by Cookin'withGas
After trying 4 different Zaar recipes for Broccoli and Cheese Casseroles, I remained unimpressed...I kept having to take out ingredients I didn't like...So it came to me that I could take what I liked from each and create something NEW and it worked! Here is the resulting recipe...Serve with hot rice or pasta if you want starch with your meal...Enjoy!
Top Review by clistymickelson
This was really good! Very different from other recipes. The only thing I did different was I used lemon juice instead of lime since I didn't have any. I also chopped up 2 large cloves of garlic and added it while sauteing the chicken and added onion. Yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 3 cups (steamed and cubed)
- 1 lb broccoli, steamed and chopped (frozen may be substituted, but steam it too)
- 1 cup light sour cream (Cabot preferred)
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (Kraft preferred)
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup, undiluted (98% fat free works, too)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; you'll need a 13 x 9 pan for this recipe.
- In the 13 x 9 pan, spread out the broccoli; then layer the chicken atop the broccoli.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, soup, lime juice, garlic and salt & pepper.
- Spread this mixture over the broccoli/chicken; top with the cheddar cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake 15 minutes, more or less, until hot and bubbly.
- TIP: you may serve this with hot rice or pasta if you want a starch with your meal.