After trying 4 different Zaar recipes for Broccoli and Cheese Casseroles, I remained unimpressed...I kept having to take out ingredients I didn't like...So it came to me that I could take what I liked from each and create something NEW and it worked! Here is the resulting recipe...Serve with hot rice or pasta if you want starch with your meal...Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 3 cups (steamed and cubed)
- 1 lb broccoli, steamed and chopped (frozen may be substituted, but steam it too)
- 1 cup light sour cream (Cabot preferred)
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (Kraft preferred)
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup, undiluted (98% fat free works, too)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; you'll need a 13 x 9 pan for this recipe.
- 2In the 13 x 9 pan, spread out the broccoli; then layer the chicken atop the broccoli.
- 3Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, soup, lime juice, garlic and salt & pepper.
- 4Spread this mixture over the broccoli/chicken; top with the cheddar cheese.
- 5Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove the foil and bake 15 minutes, more or less, until hot and bubbly.
- 7TIP: you may serve this with hot rice or pasta if you want a starch with your meal.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 738.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 30.2 g