Recipe by ririthecrayon
This recipe is from a newspaper article clipped out by my grandmother years ago (long enough that no one remembers what newspaper it was from). These are incredibly addictive and are really closer to the texture of crackers than they are to pretzels. You can make them in any shape.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons ground parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour, Parmesan, salt. Using a pastry cutter (or a fork) cut in the butter until mixture has become fine crumbs.
- Gently fold in cheddar until thoroughly combined.
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time (mixing in between) until mixture forms a ball easily.
- Roll mixture into a ball and cut in half. Cut each half into 12 pieces and then roll each piece into a long string and make into your desired shape.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden on top.