Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chorizo, cheese, salsa, tortillas, baked in oven until crispy. Serve with salsa, Guacamole, and Sour Cream if it is to your liking. A nice snack or main course if piled up with sides.
- 226.79 g chorizo sausage
- 2 serranos, chopped finely (optional)
- 118.29 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded (to taste)
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded (to taste)
- 2 green onions, green parts chopped into thin rings
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, and chopped into thin rings
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, and chopped into thin rings
- 3-4 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove chorizo from skins and cook in a skillet until no longer pink, add the serranos, and continue cooking until well browned and a bit caramelized.
- Sprinkle Chorizo over tops of tortillas, leaving a 1/8 inch free around the edge.
- cover with cheeses, you may certainly add more-I do, sprinkle with green onions, and bell pepper slices.
- Bake until cheese is golden and the edges are slightly browned, about ten to fifteen minutes, depending on oven, etc.
- Serve topped with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
Zippy and crunchy, my favorite combo. I subbed roasted and regular green jalapenos for the bell peppers and added refried beans because I had some leftover. I cooked on the bottom of a preheated inverted cast iron skillet in the oven for an extra crispy crust. Excellent. Topped with salsa verde, red salsa, and sour cream.