Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a Betty Crocker "supermarket" cookbook. My kids love these and its a great way to clean out the cupboard of all those little bits of cracker and cheese curl crumbs.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pound)
- 2 cups cheese crackers, crushed to 1 cup (any crunchy type cheese flavored snack like cheetos, etc)
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (finely mixes nicer but regular shredded gives a more cheesey texture)
- 1 egg
various sauces for dipping
- barbecue sauce
- ranch dressing
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spray with Pam or line with foil a jelly roll pan 15x10.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips lengthwise or just do nugget shapes.
- Mix crumbs and cheese in a zip loc bag.
- Beat egg in bowl and add chicken tossing to coat.
- Remove chicken and allow excess egg to drip off.
- Place chicken in bag of crumbs.
- Seal bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Remove from bag and place on baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes til no longer pink in center, I turn them at about 8 minutes.
- Serve with sauces on the side.
These were very good. DH was very surprised when i told him i made them with cheetos. I also used cheese its but would leave them out next time, because they made them taste a bit too much like flour. Thanks for the recipe!!
I love those Betty Crocker booklets because you can find gems like this recipe. This was even tasty and moist. I used regular shredded cheese. It is better served right away, since my leftover chicken's crust got soggy in the micro. Thanks Laurie for posting.
Brilliant...and so easy! Thanks, Laurie!