Recipe by LAURIE
From a Betty Crocker "supermarket" cookbook. My kids love these and its a great way to clean out the cupboard of all those little bits of cracker and cheese curl crumbs.
Top Review by auggiebelle
These were very good. DH was very surprised when i told him i made them with cheetos. I also used cheese its but would leave them out next time, because they made them taste a bit too much like flour. Thanks for the recipe!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pound)
- 2 cups cheese crackers, crushed to 1 cup (any crunchy type cheese flavored snack like cheetos, etc)
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (finely mixes nicer but regular shredded gives a more cheesey texture)
- 1 egg
various sauces for dipping
- barbecue sauce
- ranch dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spray with Pam or line with foil a jelly roll pan 15x10.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips lengthwise or just do nugget shapes.
- Mix crumbs and cheese in a zip loc bag.
- Beat egg in bowl and add chicken tossing to coat.
- Remove chicken and allow excess egg to drip off.
- Place chicken in bag of crumbs.
- Seal bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Remove from bag and place on baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes til no longer pink in center, I turn them at about 8 minutes.
- Serve with sauces on the side.