From a Betty Crocker "supermarket" cookbook. My kids love these and its a great way to clean out the cupboard of all those little bits of cracker and cheese curl crumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pound)
- 2 cups cheese crackers, crushed to 1 cup (any crunchy type cheese flavored snack like cheetos, etc)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (finely mixes nicer but regular shredded gives a more cheesey texture)
- 1 egg
various sauces for dipping
- 1Heat oven to 400.
- 2Spray with Pam or line with foil a jelly roll pan 15x10.
- 3Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips lengthwise or just do nugget shapes.
- 4Mix crumbs and cheese in a zip loc bag.
- 5Beat egg in bowl and add chicken tossing to coat.
- 6Remove chicken and allow excess egg to drip off.
- 7Place chicken in bag of crumbs.
- 8Seal bag and shake to coat evenly.
- 9Remove from bag and place on baking sheet in single layer.
- 10Bake 10 to 12 minutes til no longer pink in center, I turn them at about 8 minutes.
- 11Serve with sauces on the side.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.1
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 140.8 mg
- Sodium 540.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 35.9 g