Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe created by Chef Jon Ashton of Orlando, Florida
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- 1⁄4 lb shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F and set up three bowls with the following: 1) flour mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper; 2) an egg-wash; made by beating the eggs and milk together; 3) cornflakes mixed with cheese.
- Coat a 13x9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip chicken pieces in flour, then into the egg-wash, then roll in the cheesy-flakes mixture, coating the entire piece of chicken and place on the baking pan. Discard any unused cornflake mixture after coating chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure even browning. Serve with ketchup or BBQ sauce if desired.