Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
Appetizers are all about the dips, chips and the little cute sandwiches that are cut up into triangles. This stuffed baguette is a perfect marriage of all those things into one delicious sliced bite. Cook time is chill time
- 1 loaf bread, baguette style
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup canned diced tomato, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the baguette.
- Using a bread knife, start to hollow out 1 side of the baguette leaving the outer bread and crust still intact.
- Repeat with the other side and then use a spoon to dig out the inside bread of the baguette.
- Using a spoon, start to fill the baguette. Push the mixture down with the bottom of an ice cream or cookie scoop. Keep filling until the baguette is full.
- Wrap the bread with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Slice before serving.