Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for Autumn and crisp cool days. Make several batches and keep warm in your crockpot.
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- apple, cut in slices (optional)
- pear, cut in slices (optional)
- breadstick (optional)
- fresh cubes bread (optional)
- summer sausage, cut into cubes (optional)
- Grate cheddar cheese; toss with cornstarch in a plastic bag; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat apple cider, wine and lemon juice.
- Add cheese to liquid in pot by small handfuls, whisking till cheese is melted; if cheese appears grainy, stir in another tbsp of lemon juice.
- Stir in nutmeg and pepper.
- Transfer fondue to crockpot or fondue pot to keep warm, and stir occasionally.
- Serve with fruit slices, breadsticks, bread cubes, and/or sausage pieces impaled on short wooden skewers or fondue forks and dip in cheese.
- For Vegetarian Omit the sausage or use Vegetarian "fake" sausage product.
This is nice. I would cut back the cornstarch to 1 tablespoon. Thank you for posting.