Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for Autumn and crisp cool days. Make several batches and keep warm in your crockpot.
Make and share this Cheesy Cheddar and Apple Cider Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- apple, cut in slices (optional)
- pear, cut in slices (optional)
- breadstick (optional)
- fresh cubes bread (optional)
- summer sausage, cut into cubes (optional)
- Grate cheddar cheese; toss with cornstarch in a plastic bag; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat apple cider, wine and lemon juice.
- Add cheese to liquid in pot by small handfuls, whisking till cheese is melted; if cheese appears grainy, stir in another tbsp of lemon juice.
- Stir in nutmeg and pepper.
- Transfer fondue to crockpot or fondue pot to keep warm, and stir occasionally.
- Serve with fruit slices, breadsticks, bread cubes, and/or sausage pieces impaled on short wooden skewers or fondue forks and dip in cheese.
- For Vegetarian Omit the sausage or use Vegetarian "fake" sausage product.
This is nice. I would cut back the cornstarch to 1 tablespoon. Thank you for posting.