Sue Lau's Note:
Great for Autumn and crisp cool days. Make several batches and keep warm in your crockpot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- apple, cut in slices (optional)
- pear, cut in slices (optional)
- breadstick (optional)
- fresh cubes bread (optional)
- summer sausage, cut into cubes (optional)
- 1Grate cheddar cheese; toss with cornstarch in a plastic bag; set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat apple cider, wine and lemon juice.
- 3Add cheese to liquid in pot by small handfuls, whisking till cheese is melted; if cheese appears grainy, stir in another tbsp of lemon juice.
- 4Stir in nutmeg and pepper.
- 5Transfer fondue to crockpot or fondue pot to keep warm, and stir occasionally.
- 6Serve with fruit slices, breadsticks, bread cubes, and/or sausage pieces impaled on short wooden skewers or fondue forks and dip in cheese.
- 7For Vegetarian Omit the sausage or use Vegetarian "fake" sausage product.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Cheddar and Apple Cider Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (947 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 989.1
- Calories from Fat 677
- Total Fat 75.2 g
- Saturated Fat 47.9 g
- Cholesterol 238.1 mg
- Sodium 1412.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 56.6 g