1/1 Photo of Cheesy Broccoli Pockets
Barb Gertz's Note:
These make a nice lunch or snack. If you have leftover fresh broccoli, chop enough to make 2 cups and use instead of frozen broccoli in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 375 drgrees.
- 2Grease 2 baking sheets.
- 3Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
- 4In a medium skillet, heat oil over low heat.
- 5add garlic; saute for 2 minutes.
- 6Add broccoli; cook stirring until moisture has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 8In a medium bowl, combine broccoli mixture, mozzarella, Parmesan, roasted peppers, oregano, salt ans pepper; mix well.
- 9On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 8 pieces; roll out each piece to form a 6-inch circle.
- 10(for easy shaping, dust hands with flour before forming dough into rounds. Then, roll out each round with a rolling pin.) Spoon an equal amount of broccoli mixture in the center of each circle.
- 11Fold dough over filling to form a half circlr.
- 12Press edges with a fork to seal; prick a few holes in pocket.
- 13Place pockets on prepared baking sheets.
- 14Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
- 15Serve Immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Broccoli Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 305.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers
frozen bread dough