Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my mother's way of making broccoli casserole and now it's mine. The Velveeta cheese just makes it.
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese (I usually use more)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook broccoli according to package directions.
- Melt cheese and mix all ingredients together.
- Place in a greased baking dish and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
Easy and quick to put together. I used leftover cooked rice, so this also helped my clean up some leftovers! I made no changes except I used American cheese, not Velveeta. Also, like other reviewers, I used extra cheese. This is one of those side dishes that I could eat all by itself. Thanx!
This casserole is delicious! I added alittle more Velveeta cheese and added crumbles of ritz crackers over top of casserole before baking and used whipping cream in place of milk. It was great! Thanks for sharing your mothers way of this casserole!