Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Adapted from a recipe gleaned off the internet, then doubled the spices for a nice kick. Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (you might try minced garlic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 cups popped corn
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- If you are making the popcorn from scratch, use about 1/2 cup raw popcorn. Coat the bottom of a 12 inch skillet(I use cast iron) with the oil and heat oil till it gets good and hot. When popcorn starts popping, shake pan over high heat till popping stops.
- Combine butter and seasonings; mix in popcorn until well coated. Sprinkle with cheese, stir well.
- Makes 8 cups.
I've made many different savory popcorns, and there isn't a lot of variation in them, but this is a perfect balance of spice/fat for me. The only change I made was to bake this in a 320 degree oven for a little while to crisp it up. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Sharon.
I'll pick savoury over sweet every time,and this was a good savoury popcorn.It was easy,delicious and I really enjoyed it (so did my 2 year old DD!!). Thanks Sharon for a great recipe. Made for PRMR.
Yummy popcorn! I wanted to make it a little less fattening so I sprayed a couple spritzes of canola oil and then shook with spices and about 1/2 the cheese (low fat). Thanks for the recipe, Sharon!