Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this in a newspaper. Awesome recipe!
- 2 cups carrots, sliced & cooked
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Combine carrots, margarine, cheddar and bacon in a saucepan.
- Heat until cheese melts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
When I make this again, I will use Velveeta Cheese. I would like it to be more creamy, rather than stringy.
This were really good and yet really simple. I did changeup the recipe a bit. I used 2 cups of frozen, sliced carrots that I had thawed. I cooked them in the microwave according to the package directions. I then added real bacon bits (I didn't measure them, I just dumped) and about a cup of cheddar cheese. I then cooked them in the microwave to melt the cheese. I then added salt and pepper. These were enjoyed by everyone in my family.