Recipe by Theresa Baker
This recipe has the fewest ingredients with the biggest ooos and ahhhs of all! It's one of those that will guarantee compliments at the next "bring a side dish" gatherings!
- 2 lbs frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 10 ounces chredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except topping ingredients. Arrange in 9x13 baking dish.
- Add cornflakes to large ziplock bag and crush. Add 4 Tbsp melted butter to bag and shake well to mix. Sprinkle with cornflake topping mixture.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.