Recipe by Lennie
You can serve this cheesecake plain, or top with cherry or (my favourite) blueberry pie filling.
Top Review by BarbBQ43
I have made this wonderful cheesecake twice now - the first time I made it for a work potluck and got rave reviews! Everyone said it was better than the Cheesecake Factory's! A couple things I do in addition to what the recipe states are: 1) Run a clean knife through the batter after pouring it into the springform pan to get rid of any air bubbles, and 2) Place a pan full of water on the rack below the cheesecake in the oven. The extra humidity in the oven helps keep the top of the cheesecake from cracking while baking. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- First, make crust.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and melted margarine in a bowl; press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven and turn oven temperature up to 450F.
- Now, make filling.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar and flour with an electric mixer at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- At slow speed, blend in sour cream and vanilla; pour into crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 250F and bake for one hour more.
- Remove from oven and loosen cake from rim of pan but do not remove rim of pan until completely cool.
- Chill; top servings with pie filling if desired.