Recipe by Buckwheatjr.
Thisis from a home economics book. The original recipe called for 10 slices of bread, but I found that less works better for me.
Top Review by Jennifer Q.
I hate it when people start saying how they changed the recipe, but in keeping with the 'burger ' theme, and because I was worried about it being blan, I added a tablespoon of dill. I was out of milk so I used buttermilk. 2 cups. Also, I only had duck eggs, so I used those. The kids LOVED it. Oh yea... I used hot dog buns because I was out of bread. Ha ha! I guess I didn't really make this recipe, since I just noticed the mustard, which I didn't add. I eish I would have. That would have been good. Sorry for this silly review!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and drain.
- Spread the browned meat in the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Spread the cubed bread over the meat.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the bread and meat.
- Combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture in the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until center is set.