An invention that was a huge hit
Make and share this Cheeseburger Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb sweet sausage, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup carrot, pared and diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 cups shredded hash browns, frozen
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese, cubed
- 1 (11 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- sour cream
- In a skillet brown the ground beef, sausage, garlic and onion. Remove and drain. In a 3 quart dutch oven add the beef mixture, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoons cayenne, carrots, 3 cups chicken broth, canned tomatoes and both types of corn. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook at medium high heat for around 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Add the frozen hash browns, cheddar cheese soup, cubed american cheese and the 1 cup milk. Stirring thoroughly to melt the cheese, and to combine, around 5 minutes.
- If desired to each serving bowl add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chives.