Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Healthy and tasty too.
Make and share this Cheese Stuffed Breaded Fried Nopales (Cactus Paddles) recipe from Food.com.
- 59.16 ml liquid maggi seasoning
- 100 g chopped ham
- 200 g asadero cheese, separated in strands
- 8 cooked nopales, each one slit lengthwise into two halves (paddle cacti)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 473.18 ml dry breadcrumbs
- cooking oil (for frying)
- Mix first 3 ingredients and place this mixture betwen two nopal slices. You can also use just one slice, spreading filling on one side, rolling it and securing ends with a toothpick.
- Pass through beaten egg and then through bread crumbs.
- Fry in hot oil and serve.
We have two nopal plants in the backyard and after serving them grilled w/ salt, cooked in salsas, and fried with eggs, I was out of ideas. I tried this recipe and as-is, my husband loved them. I made mine without ham, and they were great too! Thank you for a recipe that made me look extra creative!