Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ideal as a snack or with dips. Great to serve with warming soups at bonfires or on Halloween.
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 8 ounces plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F
- Rub the butter, flour and salt together until it resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in the cheese and egg yolk until a soft dough.
- Roll out to a rectangle 7 x 10 inches. Sprinkle over the old bay and cut into approximately 24 fingers.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes until golden. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before serving.
It was so easy to make these GREAT TASTING 'STRAWS' & I followed the recipe exactly! One could always change the seasoning, I suppose, but we found them very enjoyable just the way they are! Definitely will be on my table again & again ~ Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Bargain Basement tag game]