Recipe by LorenLou
The cutest thing for your Fall cheese board....attributed to Betty Crocker.
Top Review by SashasMommy
I used mini Babybel cheddar cheese for this... they are expensive, but I didn't need that many. They are already almost round... I let them sit on the counter for about 20 minutes and then kneaded them in my hands until they were malleable enough to roll into balls. I didn't feel like buying a whole bag of pretzels since we don't eat them, so I cut up some almonds we had laying around and used those for stems.
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese processed cheese, well chilled (sharp or smoked)
- 4 miniature pretzel twists or 4 pretzel sticks
- 12 fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons very finely chopped peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line plate or tray with waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the cheese food, and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining cheese until you wind up with about 12 balls.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes on prepared plate.
- With a toothpick, draw ridges around the balls to resemble pumpkins. Dip the bottoms of the pumpkins in the peanuts (to resemble dirt).
- Just before serving, place a couple of parsley leaves on the top of each pumpkin and insert a broken pretzel piece for each stem.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.