Recipe by House
A variation of a cheese cookies recipe. I love cheese, so this works for me. Found in "From Mary Kay's Kitchen". Yield is approximate. Freeze time not included.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, plain
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften and blend together cheese and butter; add other ingredients.
- Form into 4 rolls and wrap in foil or saran wrap.
- Freeze. Thaw slightly and slice about 1/4 inches
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Great to prepare ahead and will keep in freezer for several months.