Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Blintzes are out of this world and a great comfort food. These are to be served with sour cream or perhaps you'd like them with a fruit syrup. Courtesy of torahbytes.org.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Mix all ingredients.
- Beat well until smooth.
- Beat eggs, oil and milk well.
- Add flour and salt beat well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For each blintz, melt 1 teaspoon butter in a 7" skillet.
- Pour in 1-1/2 teaspoons batter, spread batter completely over bottom of pan.
- Cover over medium heat until lightly browned on one side.
- Turn crepe over and brown the other side.
- Put 1 Tablespoon cheese on browned surface of each blintz.
- Fold and roll.
- Put in a glass baking dish and keep warm in oven.
- If necessary they could be frozen and when needed thaw and warm and then serve with a dollop of sour cream or a nice fruity syrup.
Awesome! This was my first time making blintzes so I called my mom for some tips: - I didn't flip the blintzes... just let them cook on one side until they kind of bubbled in the middle. This cut down on a lot of work/stress and kept one side uniformly colored, which I used as the outside. They tasted perfect and looked great. - I stacked them in between sheets of parchment paper/wax paper before filling. - I used a 9" pan and about 1/8+ cup of batter per blintz. - I doubled the recipe and got about 28 blintzes. Thanks for a great recipe!
This is the best recipe for blintzes!!! I'm a big fan of IHOP's and The Pancake Pantry in Gatlinburg, TN but I think this recipe is the best yet!!!! Thank you so much for posting this!
I HAVE to eat at Village Inn or IHOP everytime we go out of town just so I can have blintzes. So instead of waiting for a trip, I came looking for a recipe and decided on this one. Let me tell you I am SOOOO glad I did. It was easier than I thought it would be (crepes have always intimidated me). And they came out tasting EXACTLY like I had hoped for. Served with blueberry pie filling and sour cream on top. WONDERFUL!! Thank you so much