1/2 Photos of Cheese Blintzes
Blintzes are out of this world and a great comfort food. These are to be served with sour cream or perhaps you'd like them with a fruit syrup. Courtesy of torahbytes.org.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2Mix all ingredients.
- 3Beat well until smooth.
- 6Beat eggs, oil and milk well.
- 7Add flour and salt beat well.
- 8Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 9For each blintz, melt 1 teaspoon butter in a 7" skillet.
- 10Pour in 1-1/2 teaspoons batter, spread batter completely over bottom of pan.
- 11Cover over medium heat until lightly browned on one side.
- 12Turn crepe over and brown the other side.
- 14Put 1 Tablespoon cheese on browned surface of each blintz.
- 15Fold and roll.
- 16Put in a glass baking dish and keep warm in oven.
- 17If necessary they could be frozen and when needed thaw and warm and then serve with a dollop of sour cream or a nice fruity syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Blintzes
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.3
- Calories from Fat 510
- Total Fat 56.7 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 288.8 mg
- Sodium 795.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 15.9 g